Educational programs are provided by local Tulsa mental health, educational, and advocacy agencies.
Bullying prevention and cyber-bullying workshops are available in Tulsa and surrounding communities for schools, youth serving organizations, and community groups.
- Contact Steve Hahn, Vice President of Youth Programs at The Parent Child Center of Tulsa, at 918-599-7999 (main) for more information on the following programs:
- Our Anti-Bullying Collaboration meets monthly planning events, training, educational material, and advocacy activities throughout the year.
- We have partnered with Teach Kindness, a PK-8 program, to teach and foster kindness in schools across Oklahoma. We provide technical assistance to Oklahoma districts to implement this research-based program.
- Safe Passage is another innovative partnership with Haruv-USA at OU-Tulsa. Safe Passage is a full-day training for school officials who investigate reports of bullying. This training is offered several times per year. Call for dates in fall 2020.
- Kids on the Block is a school-based puppet program serving 40,000 students per year in NE Oklahoma. Subjects include bullying and child abuse prevention, conflict resolution, and more.
Tulsa Area Resources:
- Oklahoma State Department of Education – Bullying Prevention
- US Department of Education – Office for Civil Rights
- A New Leaf
- Big Brother Big Sisters of Oklahoma
- Camp Fire Green Country
- Communities In Schools of Mid-America
- Community Service Council
- Counseling & Recovery Services of Oklahoma
- CREOKS Behavioral Health Services
- Family & Children’s Services
- Indian Health Care Resource Center
- Juntos OSU-Tulsa
- Mental Health Association Oklahoma
- Meridian Resources
- Oklahoma Center for Community and Justice
- Oklahomans for Equality
- Operation Aware of Oklahoma
- The Parent Child Center of Tulsa
- Tulsa Health Department
- Tulsa Housing Authority
- Tulsa SPCA
- YMCA of Greater Tulsa
- Youth Services of Tulsa
Resources from the Oklahoma State Department of Education
- Model Bullying Prevention Policy. OSDE Model Bullying Policy Final (pdf)
- This document can be used to assess bullying in schools. Assessment Tools (pdf)
- This document can be used to survey school staff regarding bullying prevention. Staff Survey (Word)
- This is a sample student behavior contract. Student Behavior Contract (pdf)
- This is a sample anti-bullying community pledge. Community Pledge (pdf)
- This is a free prevention resource guide for parents, students, and staff. Prevention Guide (pdf)
- This is a reproducible poster on who to contact in a bullying situation. Contact Chart (pdf)
- This a bullying warning signs reproducible brochure. Warning Signs Brochure (pdf)
- State Department of Education’s checkout library with bullying prevention resources. Resource Library (pdf)
- Take Action Against Bullying Bookmark Bookmark (pdf)
Additional Links & Resources